driving miss robyn: what days are made of <body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar.g?targetBlogID\x3d31774133\x26blogName\x3ddriving+miss+robyn\x26publishMode\x3dPUBLISH_MODE_BLOGSPOT\x26navbarType\x3dBLUE\x26layoutType\x3dCLASSIC\x26searchRoot\x3dhttps://missrobynbme.blogspot.com/search\x26blogLocale\x3den_AU\x26v\x3d2\x26homepageUrl\x3dhttp://missrobynbme.blogspot.com/\x26vt\x3d-8746203904051304822', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

a journey of self discovery. You just never know what we might see. Is that a fairy ring under that rowan tree? Look! - a hedgewitch, I wonder what she is brewing in her cauldron today. Oh, and look at that poor menopausal soul, she needs our love & understanding. We may take a stop at the creativity school or a wander through the garden. And maybe, we will take the time machine back to the past! But wherever we go, we will always take time to stop for tea.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Katoomba, NSW, Australia

here I am in a little cottage that evokes the energies of my ancestral lands - a cottage on the moors of Cornwall, or on the cliff tops of Ireland or Scotland. It has a hearth. I am a hedge witch {of sorts}. I wear upcycled clothes, patchouli oil and Redback boots. I am a gypsy; an eccentric and a mystic [I often live with a foot in two worlds]. I serve my guests, tea from an old silver teapot. I love Vervain, yarrow, chamomile & mint. Star watcher and Moon gazer. story cloth weaver. keeper of family dreams and wishes. good friend and creator of life. herbal tea drinker and potion maker.


"a friend is someone who knows all about you, and still likes you" my dear DAILY PARCELS

Thursday, December 07, 2006

what days are made of


Thursday is the day that I either go to patchwork or clean up my kitchen and dining room - today lucky me, I get to clean - then I can decorate. Although in this heat, it is not feeling much like Christmas.

I also have to get myself into some kind of gear and finish my Christmas gift for my sewing group - each year we make one item and then have a kind of raffle - we receive one gift back. I usually make a cloth doll - I started this one ages ago. I have an idea in my head as to where she is going but who knows what will happen when I start?
I have been experimenting with different ideas and techniques - so far I am happy. I just need to find an old cardi to make her a jacket. This is the dolly that I bought the vintage coin purse for. Her skirt will be made out of the vintage floral fabric with a black tuille petticoat and her camisole will be made from the lace. I hope to put vintage diamante ear-rings on her shoes and am looking for some kind of old diamante hair clip to stick on her hair. Black & lime green tights (painted on) and pink shoes - hmmm maybe a little bit of glitter on them?
I am sure this dolly is a reflection of menopausal moaner.
you know * I love making dollies, I use to make them to sell a few years ago, but got burnt out in the end from orders, orders, orders. I am thinking of selling them again, next year on etsy along with my totes that I make, not sure yet!
I also have to go to the post office to send of the second last lot of my packages. I have to cut my fruit cake into smaller pieces and wrap it up in cellopane ready to give out and oh - you get my drift - I am busy!

12 Comments:

Blogger Janet said...

I'm sure your doll will be great. I like the sound of your plans for her. I especially like the colors for her tights and shoes!

8:51 am  
Blogger savvycityfarmer said...

It seems we somehow have time for blogger...I do the same thing, I sit down and write out a list of 100 things....then all of a sudden without even thinking, I'm blogging...It's nice when it's the end of a busy day......whew!

8:52 am  
Blogger savvycityfarmer said...

Hello dollie!!

8:53 am  
Blogger Carole Burant said...

At this time of year I say there's not enough hours in a day to do everything one needs to get done! I can't wait to see a picture of the doll once you've finished her...I think she'll look gorgeous!! xoxo

10:19 am  
Blogger Daisy Lupin said...

I love the idea of the stripey tights, when I make my first daisy gal I decided she would have red and white stripy tights like hoops, I have a think about dolls with stripey stockings, cute.

Me too, very busy, I am so glad I don't have to cope with Christmas in the heat, it must be draining.

11:26 am  
Blogger Pam Aries said...

Robyn...I wish I had half your energy and creativness! THe weather here drives me insane. One day it is 80 degrees...the next it is 35 ! It is totally not Christmasy. When I first moved here I thought it was so cool to wear shorts and go to the beach at Christmas. I grew up in rural West Virginia where it Snowed big time! I love snow. Honestly...I'm not happy here anymore...it is hot almost year round now it seems. This year was the worst. I have been in tears many times from the ungodly heat and humidity! Oh my gosh..I am crying on your shoulder....Whoa! Thank you for tolerating that! Love and I leave you in Peace! (

11:47 am  
Blogger Sheila said...

You doll sounds delightful, very colourful and fun. I hope we get to see her before she goes to her new home ?

11:50 am  
Blogger Run Around Paris said...

i wish i had some hot weather to complain about! ;)
your blog is fabulous...i, too, am a lover of all-things-vintage.

12:04 pm  
Blogger Suzie Ridler said...

Handmade presents are my favourite, so much energy and creativity goes into those kinds of presents, how wonderful of you! It's lovely.

12:15 pm  
Blogger Rosa said...

Your dolly is soooo cute! I hope you're going to share a finished pic!!

2:55 pm  
Blogger Sue Seibert said...

Busy Day! Dolly sounds absolutely wonderful!

3:08 pm  
Blogger Tinker said...

I love how she's looking so far - her face is so sweet!

7:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home