driving miss robyn: halloween ~ here in my little corner of the world, Down Under <body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar.g?targetBlogID\x3d31774133\x26blogName\x3ddriving+miss+robyn\x26publishMode\x3dPUBLISH_MODE_BLOGSPOT\x26navbarType\x3dBLUE\x26layoutType\x3dCLASSIC\x26searchRoot\x3dhttps://missrobynbme.blogspot.com/search\x26blogLocale\x3den_AU\x26v\x3d2\x26homepageUrl\x3dhttp://missrobynbme.blogspot.com/\x26vt\x3d-8746203904051304822', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

a journey of self discovery. You just never know what we might see. Is that a fairy ring under that rowan tree? Look! - a hedgewitch, I wonder what she is brewing in her cauldron today. Oh, and look at that poor menopausal soul, she needs our love & understanding. We may take a stop at the creativity school or a wander through the garden. And maybe, we will take the time machine back to the past! But wherever we go, we will always take time to stop for tea.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Katoomba, NSW, Australia

here I am in a little cottage that evokes the energies of my ancestral lands - a cottage on the moors of Cornwall, or on the cliff tops of Ireland or Scotland. It has a hearth. I am a hedge witch {of sorts}. I wear upcycled clothes, patchouli oil and Redback boots. I am a gypsy; an eccentric and a mystic [I often live with a foot in two worlds]. I serve my guests, tea from an old silver teapot. I love Vervain, yarrow, chamomile & mint. Star watcher and Moon gazer. story cloth weaver. keeper of family dreams and wishes. good friend and creator of life. herbal tea drinker and potion maker.


"a friend is someone who knows all about you, and still likes you" my dear DAILY PARCELS

Tuesday, October 31, 2006

halloween ~ here in my little corner of the world, Down Under


sadly, we don't celebrate Halloween as such. Oh we might get the odd child knocking on our door in the hope of getting some lollies - but it isn't embraced here like it is in America.
But I feel the need to do something, of course I do! October 31 can be celebrated by me as the day of the dead - so I have set myself an altar up in my lounge room with photos of my grandparents and my dad, a gorgeous bunch of roses from my own garden and all night I am burning a yellow candle - in the hope that they may visit me in my dreams. I am also having a little ritual tonight, outside in the dark with candle light. I am going to write to each deceased loved one - a love letter - telling them that I miss them or in the case of my great grandmas - that I wish I had known them in this lifetime & I hope that they will guide me on my spiritual journey. And I may even ask them to make themselves known to me in my daily life.
I have candles burning all around my home and yard - and for dinner - homemade pumpkin soup (made from one of my own pumpkins), sour cream & chives and pumpkin bread
happy halloween everyone!

15 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Hallow e'en Robyn...hope it's not too Spooky!!!

11:53 pm  
Blogger Naturegirl said...

"Acknowledge your lineage and your authentic gifts with a grateful heart."
*Power* has been gifted to YOU from your parted family..the power of *LOVE*
mmm...pumkin soup what a treat!!:)
hugs NG

12:02 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

A happy halloween to you, I live in a 55 and over retirement area and we do not have any little ones knocking on my door....I miss that and will enjoy next year when we are back up north again. Take care and have a good day.

1:49 am  
Blogger Boxwood Cottage said...

A very HAPPY HALLOWEEN to you as well dear Robyn! Hugs xox

1:52 am  
Blogger Janet said...

That sounds like a perfect way to celebrate Halloween. I love the idea of writing letters to loved ones who have died.

And the soup sounds delicious....enjoy!

2:32 am  
Blogger Sue Seibert said...

Lovely. Our second oldest granddaughter, Bethy, will hand out candy until we get home from the blood-letting.

Tomorrow is All Saints' Day, but we are between priests, so that will go by the board. The day after All Soul's Day. Oh, well, there's always next year.

Happy Halloween.

3:08 am  
Blogger Daisy Lupin said...

Hope you are enjoying Halloween etc. At least yours is a warm Halloween.

3:15 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Halloween to you Miss*R. We leave candy out for the Grandboys that have passed on each year. And think of them lots on this day and night. Have a great time with your own rituals.

4:40 am  
Blogger Lisa said...

Happy Halloween :)

6:37 am  
Blogger couragetocreatewriteandlove said...

We do that in Mexico for the day of the dead , and after taking the flowers to the cementeries we have parties with loud music, and jokes are a very important part of the celebration that our dear dead love ones who have passed away are in better place and having a good time. So it is a happy celebration.

9:21 am  
Blogger Rosa said...

Happy Halloween my little witchy poo! xoxo

9:48 am  
Blogger Tinker said...

Happy Halloween, Robyn! Your Day of the Dead tribute to your family member sounds so tranquil and meaningful. Though I'm posting this too late for it to still be Halloween in your part of the world, I hope your Halloween was a happy one!

6:59 pm  
Blogger Sue Seibert said...

Robyn, I was a little surprise, because of our exchange of media, that you all don't have Halloween. Do you do Guy Fawkes instead?

12:45 am  
Blogger A bird in the hand said...

Your Halloween is much much better than the commercial guck we have...

Happy Happy!

7:18 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your Halloween sounded just lovely, I like the idea of writing loved ones a letter.

7:32 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home