driving miss robyn: sunday scribblings <body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/plusone.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar.g?targetBlogID\x3d31774133\x26blogName\x3ddriving+miss+robyn\x26publishMode\x3dPUBLISH_MODE_BLOGSPOT\x26navbarType\x3dBLUE\x26layoutType\x3dCLASSIC\x26searchRoot\x3dhttp://missrobynbme.blogspot.com/search\x26blogLocale\x3den_AU\x26v\x3d2\x26homepageUrl\x3dhttp://missrobynbme.blogspot.com/\x26vt\x3d-1578531726641110294', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

a journey of self discovery. You just never know what we might see. Is that a fairy ring under that rowan tree? Look! - a hedgewitch, I wonder what she is brewing in her cauldron today. Oh, and look at that poor menopausal soul, she needs our love & understanding. We may take a stop at the creativity school or a wander through the garden. And maybe, we will take the time machine back to the past! But wherever we go, we will always take time to stop for tea.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Culburra Beach , NSW, Australia

I live in Australia, my ancestry is in Cornwall. a Celt. a hedgewitch of sorts. I am an Earth Healer. I wear upcycled clothes, patchouli oil and Redback boots. A gypsy. An eccentric. a mystic. I am a searcher, a seeker, a pilgrim on Earth. I serve my guests, tea from an old silver teapot. I love Vervain, yarrow, chamomile & mint. I love to dream, to walk and to wonder


"a friend is someone who knows all about you, and still likes you" my dear DAILY PARCELS

Sunday, August 27, 2006

sunday scribblings


THE MONSTER*
so I write about my childhood monsters. I had many.
the one that I still think of often is 'the hand under the bed'
*many times, as I was drifting of to sleep I would see a hand coming out from under my bed - just a hand, no other part of the body.
But in this hand was always a gift, just sitting there.
all wrapped up and tied with a bow.
I would look at it and wonder what was in the gift but was never game enough to take it. I would look and pull the blankets up over my head, I would lie there looking, trying to be brave enough to take that gift, but, I was scared that whatever this hand belonged to, would grab me if I took the gift.
Now, I wonder what would have happened if I had taken it.
Would my life have been different?
was it a gift from a spirit or an angel or a faery?
I wonder.
guess I will never know

8 Comments:

Blogger berriehead said...

oooh a monster under the bed! I had a monkey at my window????? what the heck was that all about?????????? YES a monkey;o) never did meet that monkey face to face(covers tightly around my head but I suspect he wanted to climb on my back and take a bite out of my head:( your hand sounds too tempting wonder what was in the box? I also had the I GOT A NEW PAIR OF SHOES dream..and they were always on the floor by my bed in my dreams I would look at them and be happy when I woke up they were gone:( must have been because mom was always to broke to buy me the pair I really wanted!I love dreams! even the bad or off ones..and being chased was the best! whew I've babbled haven't I? off to a pahty yeah I decided to go and at least get full and drunk! xo

9:30 am  
Blogger Autrice DelDrago said...

I would forever wonder what was in the pretty box!

11:16 am  
Blogger Janet said...

Mine was a lion on the foot of my bed! Don't know why but that's the "monster" of my childhood.

11:48 am  
Blogger paris parfait said...

What strange recurring dreams - and yes, the gift is a mystery. But the hand would have spooked me too. As a child, I checked under my bed for a tiger and had nightmares about giant snakes wearing aprons and cooking kidnapping my mother! :)

10:25 pm  
Blogger DJPare said...

I don't know...I think I would also be skeptical of a gift that comes so easy...

12:50 am  
Blogger Chelle Y. said...

I still never hang any part of my body over the bed for fear a "hand" would grab it, gift or no gift! :)

2:55 am  
Blogger Tea & Margaritas in My Garden said...

Scary but enticing at the same time. How strange. I wonder........
I think things haooen for a reason, so maybe it`s best that you didn`t reach for it.

I remember waking up one night and touching a strange hand. I was alone so there wasn`t supposed to be another hand anywhere in the room. It was dark and it scared the crap out of me. Then I realized it was my own hand, gone completly numb.
The only real thing that happened was as a teenager I was just about to fall asleep and suddenly my whole body was pinned to the bed. I couldn`t move. It was terrifying. It only lasted a few seconds luckily. I peeled myself up and ran out of the room into the bathroom. My face was white.
A friend from Newfoundland told me years later that there they call that being visited by the hag. It`s apparently quite a common occurrance.

tea
xo

11:27 am  
Blogger Tea & Margaritas in My Garden said...

haooen??? Well I guess that`s what happens to a two finger typer who doesn`t check spelling before sending.

tea
xo

11:29 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home